Saturday 4 February 2012

France again!! Yes Yes Yes

I know people post at regular intervals but like the snow falling outside now, I post in Flurries......

Reading all these wonderful blogs based in France has got me reminiscing about old trips...and here is the trip to Paris..




Choosing a cake in Lauduree Champs Elysée is one of life's little pleasures.....

Complete with antique high chair, no plastic things here or stuff that attaches to the table! Oh no......this was perfect for the little princess, I must admit though I felt very casual and scruffy compared to the smart Parisians there for a chat with friends. I have never seen such ram rod straight backs.



So simple yet so captivating.
Saw this stunning shop on the way to Victor Hugos house. Perhaps below was in memory of miss guillotine?





I fell in love with the blue of this book, can you see its about Madame de Pompadour....My poor husband had to drag me away from this shop, I stood there musing over it for a good ten minuets.




La Charlotte de l’Isle - amazing......quirky....mumsey...this place will throw its arms around you, let it embrace you. As I made my way to the loo I saw three or four grandmas working in a tiled kitchen amid a haze of flour and kneading and baking....they have every tea known to man here, sublime. 





Every time I go to Paris I always say to myself I should come here more, living close to St Pancreas there is no excuse not too, but time and other obligations of course get in the way......I miss you mon cherie...

No comments:

Post a Comment