Friday 19 August 2011

Bray or Heston Ville




We live near Bray and I want to eat at The Fat Duck, I try and persaude my husband that it would be eccomical for us to eat there as we would save on hotels - travel etc. People come from all over the world to eat there....its on our door step. When I first wanted to eat there a few years ago the famous tasting menu with the snail porridge was about 120 pounds, now its 180! I have heard, some of the dishes are so evocative of times past, tough business men have been there in very serious meetings and broken down, remebering childhood holidays and the like...and its fun!



This is a poor picture of the place will post a better one soon, of course heston also owns the Hinds Head next door and The Crown as well, but there is another famous michelen starred place here in Bray, The Waterside, a totally different vibe of course to The Fat Duck, classic, another place I keep asking my husband to take me.......



The Waterside of the Roux brothers fame, classic French....






And this is the view of the River ....The River Thames that is.....







For  a small village, Bray packs a gastronomic punch...








No comments:

Post a Comment