Tuesday 23 August 2011

Marvellous Marrakech

I have to put some pics up of a recent trip to Marrakech, I just LOVE this place, my heart skips when I arrive, there is a buzz here, a whooshing of life going on but with a western eliment to it as well so its not too full on....


I love the colours....

The people


I fell in love with this horse.....poking his head out of a charming narrow alley shop full of splendid dusty chandeliers and busts.....


One of our stunning Riad rooms.....look what you get for the same price of a room full of bulky ugly pine in the uk....the ceiling was vaulted and it all felt very James Bond...


Another Riad another beauty....

Particualry love the use of torquoise here...

It really is as exotic as the name suggests, its a feast for all the senses...I have been wanting to go to New York for EVER, since my sister who is 15 years older than me came back when I was very young and said it was the most exciting city she has ever been too....well I have since been there and although I too loved it - for me there was no buzz compared to Marrackech...its a place very dear to me and I look forward to taking my daughter back to expand her senses too when she is a little older....on this trip my husband and I were literally astounded at the attention she received from the waiters and staff whereever we went.

Even in the ultra posh hotel La Momounia, ( Winston Churchills fav hotel) in a dark moody jazz bar, the singer even dedicated a song to our daughter and another little girl - " Isnt she Lolvey " by Stevie Wonder and the bar staff were running round getting them cherries on sticks.... they were grabbing cushions, swinging off bars.....You would not get that in the Ritz here!

No comments:

Post a Comment