Tuesday 23 August 2011

Roald Dahls House

For years  I have been wanting to visit Roald Dahls house , its not far from me and its open on odd days of the week for the NGS Scheme.
I finally made it this year and I was not dissapointed, it was charming, utterly charming and inspiring. It was very elegant but homley and not huge, you could easily imagine yourself living there if you know what I mean....this is the front

Isnt it a beauty,

This is the back of it







This was his writing hut - left as it was.......views out onto sweeping fields.....behind it a little orchard, the garden was long with different " rooms" neat and pretty nothing to over whelming...






This is THE " Danny Champion of the World" Gypsey Caravan.....I adored that book. My Dad gave it to me one christmas and it made the celebration for me with its cosy depiction of woods and pheasants...




Goodbye Gipsy House, Until next year.....






No comments:

Post a Comment